This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenphone 8 not connecting to PC for data transfer - water issue

Istvan
Star I

Have been using the phone in the pool. Glanced some notification about water issue... Later made the connection that this might be the cause I have no data connection. Also only can use some 'dumb' chargers to pump juice into the device.

Any ideas how to solve this? Contacted support, would have to pay like 50EUR under guarantee terms as I made the mistake of using too long in wet conditions.

4 REPLIES 4

keren_ASUS

Hi @Istvan 

We're so sorry to hear about this! Unfortunately, this is an issue that will need to be resolved with the service center. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Iceman11
Star III

For some reason the usb type C is gathering a lot of dust which is compressed when plug in the connector.

You can try to clean the port with a needle (very carefully). In my case it solved the issue with charging.
I'm not sure if it will help but since it doesn't cost you anything, you may try.

Istvan
Star I

Great idea, thanks! Especially as indeed have been to some harsh situations and could feel some resistance few times when plugging the charger.

Thanks again, Iceman11! All the best!

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.