cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 10 ear speaker ("receiver") problems

sudokou
Star I

Issue:

My Zenphone 10 has a frequent problem where the small speaker at the top of the phone ("receiver") does not work during phone calls. The large speaker at the bottom of the phone ("loudspeaker") does work during calls, and I can use that as a workaround during phone calls.

Previously, when I tested the issue - the receiver still worked at all other times. The receiver still played audio during stereo playback (like watching YouTube) and the receiver worked during the receiver test (Calculator -> .12345+= -> Receiver).

Most recently, when I tested the issue - the receiver did not work during anything. Stereo playback was not working, and it failed the receiver test.

In both cases, restarting the phone fixes all issues. After a restart, the receiver works in phone calls, stereo playback works, and the receiver test succeeds.

Troubleshooting:

I do not know that the receiver is not working until I answer a phone call and cannot hear the other person. Therefore, it has been difficult to identify the root cause of the issue (it could have been something that happened hours, or even days ago, since I do not receive calls often). I have tested the following:

- Switching between receiver and loudspeaker during a call has no affect on the issue. It does not cause the issue to start, and does not resolve the issue if it is currently occurring

- Turning bluetooth on/off on the device has no affect on the issue. It does not cause the issue to start, and does not resolve the issue if it is currently occurring

- Connecting to a bluetooth handsfree device and then disconnecting does not cause the issue

- Connecting to a bluetooth handsfree device, making a phone call, and then disconnecting does not cause the issue

- Connecting to Android Auto and then disconnecting does not cause the issue

Linked issues:

Headset bug - no sound in calls - only speaker 

Mobile Call speaker Problem 

Device information:

Model: Zenphone 10

Build number: WW_34.1004.0204.88

Kernel version: 5.15.94-android13-8-00003-g2ac3c8c88d7f-ab10835385

Baseband version: M2.6.16.35-VanGogh_000320

Extension ROM: 1.1.4

1 REPLY 1

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @sudokou,

I have forwarded the issue to the R&D department. I will get back to you with more information.