This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Hotspot not working after Android 13 update

ustaarthur
Star III

I got an OTA update on my Zenfone 8 to Android 13, and after that my Hotspot isn't working. The button isn't even moving to ON. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, still not working. I downgraded to A12 and it started working. Updated it back up to A13, again not working.

32 REPLIES 32

Menhir65
Rising Star I

There are many who have problems of various kinds on the ZenFone 8 (ZS590KS) phone with the Android 13 update (software Image: WW-33.0210.0210.210), for me the Wi-Fi and the Hotspot function no longer work. For some, Face Unlock does not work. I have also made all attempts via mobile operator, the problem is really related to the software version. Resetting and restoring the phone to software version WW-31.1010.0411.160 (Android 12) everything works again. On the other hand, in Asus to make the firmware available for downgrade it means that they know very well that there are bugs.

I'm in Italy and the Asus web and phone support is ridiculous, they don't know how to give any concrete help. I have asked them several times how to solve and if they are fixing the various bugs but I have not had an answer.

A real pity that they are not able to give support, if not tell you to send it to the assistance center and for what then, if it is not a hardware problem but a software one.

Hello, @Menhir65 .

Could you please help confirm the request information via PM inbox?

Thank you.

It's almost funny how people's phones are still auto-updating to this broken version. I hope they don't mind either losing much functionality to their phone, or a factory reset after going through the process of downgrading back.

I highly recommend turning off auto-update to prevent this kind of bs in the future. My phone was fine when I bought it and updates should not be a gamble in this way.

I have downgraded and upgraded few times already last 5 days, and am in the process of making a final downgrade as we speak. Today I spoke with ASUS technical support and they took a Log file and Screen Recording of the Hotspot problem and supposedly tech support is gonna get back in couple of days. I doubt they will have a solution.

I doubt they have a solution, but if you do, please share here or private message me as well. Thank you.