This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Hotspot not working after Android 13 update

ustaarthur
Star III

I got an OTA update on my Zenfone 8 to Android 13, and after that my Hotspot isn't working. The button isn't even moving to ON. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, still not working. I downgraded to A12 and it started working. Updated it back up to A13, again not working.

32 REPLIES 32

ustaarthur
Star III

I'm using AT&T too and I had the same problem, and since nothing helped, I downgraded to A12 and everything works fine like before. The fact that you sent it for repair and they said "it was working while we had it" proves the BS behind all this. Since bothering with this indefinitely and not knowing whether it's even possible to fix it, I think it's best to downgrade to A12 (which by the way is a great OS) and just enjoy your phone. In case you're interested and want to downgrade to A12, I have detailed instructions a few posts above on how to avoid automatic upgrade to A13 and also get rid of the notification icon in the system menu.

Thanks for your response, ustaarthur, and thanks for your contribution to help downgrade the OS.

Cheers!

smammy
Star III

I'm curious, is there anyone having this problem who is not on AT&T or an AT&T MVNO? (I'm on Consumer Cellular.)

Thanks,
-sam

Mike9349
Star II

Today I got an update to 33.0210.0210.296, which reaolved the hotspot problem. The option is available in the settings menu, and the quick-access button now works.

Did anyone else here get this update? If so, did it resolve the problem on your phone?

It really works? Wow, that's amazing.