cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 died 4 months after warranty - most likely mother board issue

Sztajero88
Star III

Hi,

I have bought the top version of the Zenfone 8 16/256 back in August 2021. On New Year 01.01.2024 phone froze, and after hard reset, it didn't turn on again, and no life can be seen, no charge light, no hard reset, nothing 😞 So phone died 4 months after warranty ended 😞

MFD: 2021.04

Had a quick chat with CS on the diagnostics and possible cost of mother board and, the cost would reach up to 700 EUR 😮

Am I at fault that i trusted Asus with their phones? And now i have really expensive brick?

Can the phone be fixed somehow? Can Asus help, if this is related to faulty motherboards (or solder on it)?

Or Asus can only help me with the 700EUR receipt (a price of a brand new phone almost ;( )

25 REPLIES 25

Hey Falcon, could you check your PM :)?

Sztajero88
Star III

Hmm something odd happened today, phone was laying for like 2 days without anylife in it, no reactions, nothing... Today i came back from work, and connected my old charger from the backup phone (Nokia 😎 and somehow the diode started blinking in red constantly without the charge indicator turning orange, and after maybe 10 seconds it stopped flashing and no respone with any charger or PC.

Could this be somehow connected to faulty FPC connector solder?

Exactly the same has happened to my girlfriend her ZF8 a couple of weeks ago. This after an automatic update, which I have read more on Zentalk. You get some hope from the blinking led, but after indeed about ten seconds it stops and can't be lit again, or after quit some time again. But I think it is still a signal of another dead zenfone.

My own ZF8 is just a couple months old, but also to repair because of a draining battery and poor overall performance. Phone heats up out of the blue and battery doesn't hold for half a day. It has been to Asus repair twice now and they say they can't replicate the issue. So they simply send it back unrepaired. I can't say anything else that we regret to ever bought these phones. Two pieces, both dead or unusable, both paid good money for. With Asus not taking their responsibility for this, it is clearly our last ever Asus experience.

nvubu
Rising Star I

My UK Zenfone 8 bricked itself on 20/12 while I was sitting at Heathrow Airport off on holiday - so no phone photos for our Christmas trip, which was really frustrating. I did have a low res tablet with me, so I did manage to take some photos. There was nothing non-standard about the phone, only the DJI Fly app was installed outside the App Store.

Like @Sztajero88 mine would occasionally blink red for up to a minute on plugging in, but I couldn't soft or hard reset - thumb & fingers went numb from repeated pressing.

I think the Zenfone 8 is a great phone. Shame it won't be coming with me on my trip next week to Africa. Am back to my trusty old 2019 Sony ZX2.

Luckily I still have 6 months of the 2 year warranty left, and it was collected yesterday for it's trip to the Czech repair centre. I'll revert back with the result. If repaired great, if refunded I would get the Zenfone 10 as a replacement.

Sztajero88
Star III

t is really sad to see all the replies that Zenfone 8 are dying 😞 I'm waiting for some more details from Falcon, if there is any chance to fix my phone, as i don't know if even someone in PL  is fixing those 😞