This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another "Waiting for flashing full ramdump" on zenfone 8

johnm
Star II

Seems that I'm one of the (too many?) unlucky folks that have gotten this problem with the Zenfone 8; I was simply charging my phone and... voilà!

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 22.28.59.jpeg 

I've been reading multiple threads, hoping that there's some sort of fix that doesn't require sending the phone somewhere to get it repaired and not see it for weeks; but more importantly, a fix that doesn't imply losing all the data. I use it for work-related activities , and this is a very bad situation to be in.

Really hope that someone has some useful tip.

I'm shocked and puzzled in finding out so many occurrences of this issue. What is Asus doing to prevent it from happening again? Also, is this kind of failure still under warranty, even if i had my phone for just a little more than 2 years?

17 REPLIES 17

The only solution I've seen to this is to hold all the buttons down, volume up/down and the power button until it powers back up (20 to 40 seconds). But for me, this was just a temporary fix, as a week later, the phone just died. A few days after, I get a flashing red light if the phone is plugged in for about five minutes. My understanding is that it means the battery is extremely discharged.

Possible solutions: replace the battery, find an electronics repair shop who will work on the motherboard, buy a new phone. All major electronic device manufacturers I've dealt with suggest replacing the motherboard after a device reaches total failure. I had a broken laptop that "needed a new motherboard", but I found a basement shop that took it apart, cleaned the motherboard, and soldered in a new power switch, which was the problem. What would have resulted in a replacement, ended with a 9 year old laptop that continues to work. I would suggest that kind of repair shop if there is data that you absolutely cannot afford to lose. I ended up buying a new phone because I needed it for work. Sorry about your situation.

Tried holding all buttons down method which keeps bringing it back to the ramdump screen to which it doesn't progress from.

It's been 21 months since I've had the phone.  Rather than the data it's more so the expense & inconvenience of having to rush out to buy a new phone when you I had no plans to do so.

If Asus don't assist through here then I may take it to a shop to see if they can fix the motherboard.

Thanks for the suggestions

AhmetKoc
Star I

@Falcon_ASUS can you please assist on what I can do with my bricked phone?