This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another "Waiting for flashing full ramdump" on zenfone 8

johnm
Star II

Seems that I'm one of the (too many?) unlucky folks that have gotten this problem with the Zenfone 8; I was simply charging my phone and... voilà!

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 22.28.59.jpeg 

I've been reading multiple threads, hoping that there's some sort of fix that doesn't require sending the phone somewhere to get it repaired and not see it for weeks; but more importantly, a fix that doesn't imply losing all the data. I use it for work-related activities , and this is a very bad situation to be in.

Really hope that someone has some useful tip.

I'm shocked and puzzled in finding out so many occurrences of this issue. What is Asus doing to prevent it from happening again? Also, is this kind of failure still under warranty, even if i had my phone for just a little more than 2 years?

17 REPLIES 17

100%.

Falcon_ASUS

@johnm 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

lonepaladin
Star II

@johnm wrote:

Seems that I'm one of the (too many?) unlucky folks that have gotten this problem with the Zenfone 8; I was simply charging my phone and... voilà!

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 22.28.59.jpeg 

I've been reading multiple threads, hoping that there's some sort of fix that doesn't require sending the phone somewhere to get it repaired and not see it for weeks; but more importantly, a fix that doesn't imply losing all the data. I use it for work-related activities , and this is a very bad situation to be in.

Really hope that someone has some useful tip.

I'm shocked and puzzled in finding out so many occurrences of this issue. What is Asus doing to prevent it from happening again? Also, is this kind of failure still under warranty, even if i had my phone for just a little more than 2 years?

I'm sure you've found a solution by now, but to others who have the same problem. I held all three buttons; power, up and down volume buttons, simultaneously until the phone powered off. The person who suggested this said it only works sometimes. After my phone powered off, it boot up normally. I think I was using a bad c cable. I had some problems the other day with it saying my phone was charging while it was losing power. I was also playing a RAM intensive game and left it on idle. So I would recommend disconnecting the charge cable in that case. 

Hi!

Yes, i've got my Zenfone repaired. The motherboard was completely replaced. All the data, lost.

Prior to sending it to the repair service, I tried all the combination of buttons and waiting time, with or without the cable connected,  but none of them worked 😞 

About a week later, I was just holding my phone. Everything was working fine, and it just went dead. It won't charge; no charging indicator. If you need your phone for work, you don't have time to wait weeks for Asus to tinker around with your phone, only to tell you that you need a new motherboard. So I'll need to buy a brand new smartphone, and later at my leisure, I'll order a new battery and install it. If the phone works, I'll recover my data and resell it. Asus, users don't appreciate it when their phones are designed to break down after 2 years. There is no guarantee they will buy the same brand and might go to a competitor if they can't rely on the product.