cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp Video Call Camera Issues

se7en_teeshirt
Star II
Hi,
1) Anyone experiencing bad video quality from the camera while video calling via WhatsApp? So grainy, low resolution even on my Wi-Fi connection. I guess Zenfone 8 camera 3rd party issue again?
2) Can the extra, bigger black hole around the front camera to be removed during videocall? It is so obvious that it cuts out the display of the video.
8 REPLIES 8

mickey_underwea
Star III
se7en_teeshirt

@Irene2_ASUS

1. I am on 30.12.112.36. There is no update with 30.12.112.46 detected yet from my phone system.
  2. I have cleared the cache of WhatsApp, still no improvement.
  3. I have cleared the storage for my camera app, still no improvement.
  4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp, still no improvement.
  5. Noted. But it is still such a waste of screen display when the Zenfone 8 front camera already has the silver ring around it to remind its existence.

I will replicate for a clearer picture of what I am facing.

A) Below is the WhatsApp camera that I screenshot, before I tap the snap button. Notice the number and letter keys are still visible in the photo frame.

screenshot-20211105-082150844.jpg

B) This is after I tapped the snap button. The image is either being shifted, or being cropped away or scaled down. Notice partial of the number and letter keys are no longer visible in the photo frame. Same goes to other objects like the green plants at the background.

img-20211105-wa0010.jpeg

6) Again regarding the bad video quality (grainy, low resolution) from the front camera while video calling via WhatsApp. This quality needs to be improved immediately. It is such a shame that I have to give reasons to my business clients when seeing my video that my network is poor though I am on excellent Wi-Fi connection at office and home.

View post
Totally agree with you on point 6 - (bad whatsapp video call quality).
Infact not only whatsapp, the quality were also bad on LINE, wechat and DUO video calls etc...
Facetime with iPhone was good though, so I don't think it is due to the lousy front camera sensor since it could take nice photos and videos. Most likely is the software issue.

se7en_teeshirt
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS Hi Mods, able to simulate my reported issue so far?

se7en_teeshirt
Star II
@Irene2_ASUS @guslosar@guslosarAny reply, please?

themonkeys
Star I
I have the same issue as se7en_teeshirt
When I use the inbuilt camera in WhasApp the image jumps to the left a little. If I use the min camera app then attach to WhatsApp it works fine. It seems WhatsApp gets confused between the cameras.
This may be an issue for WhatsApp to solve, not ASUS though.
Any suggestions yet?