This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 15th 2022 Android 12 Patch killed mobile data

ataylor
Star III
I'd finally gotten Android 12 to the point where it was nearly stable and livable, and then the security patch yesterday completely hosed mobile data. WiFi still works. I've tried most of the tricks - restarting, resetting the network , resetting the entire phone, no joy. Anyone else fighting this? Any suggestions?
59 REPLIES 59

ataylor
Star III
I looked at the phone info using #*#4636#*#, and it looks like a connection is being made for mobile data, but it both cuts out regularly, and download rate is 20% of upload rate when I run a ping test and it doesn't just fail because the connection is interrupted. I don't know enough about the nitty gritty here to say whether that's normal or not, but it's a data point.

smammy
Star III
Here's what I've got:
phone-info-1-redacted.jpeg
phone-info-2.jpg
It known my phone number, so that's good. The IMEI and IMSI look right too. The signal strength value is 2³¹–1, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that's a sentinel value. The LTE cell tower info is legit; that's the tower I usually connect to. I have no idea why the ping and HTTP client tests passed; maybe they used the wifi connection.
Hope this info is interesting to someone!

smammy
Star III
Oh, one more thing: if I let the Phone info screen sit for a few seconds, I get a value for "LTE Physical Network Configuration":
phone-info-3-redacted.jpg
Here's that value in text form:
{{ mConnectionStatus=PrimaryServing,
mCellBandwidthDownlinkKhz=15000,
mCellBandwidthUplinkKhz=0,
mNetworkType=UNKNOWN,
mFrequencyRange=LOW,
mDownlinkChannelNumber=2147483647,
mUplinkChannelNumber=2147483647,
mContextlds=[],
mPhysicalCellId=361,
mBand=0,
mDownlinkFrequency=0,
mUplinkFreduency=0 }}
Obviously most of those values are nonsense.

ataylor

I'd finally gotten Android 12 to the point where it was nearly stable and livable, and then the security patch yesterday completely hosed mobile data. WiFi still works. I've tried most of the tricks - restarting, resetting the network , resetting the entire phone, no joy. Anyone else fighting this? Any suggestions?

Sept 15th 2022 Android 12 Patch killed mobile data
I am facing issues with internet since A12 update....
My carrier and mobile support all things and all settings like VOLTE/4G are enabled but internet speed is painfully slow...
Before A12 i used to get around 10-15 MBPS and now getting like 1-2 MBPS..
Even Watching YouTube with mobile data is a struggle now a days...

smammy
Star III
I think there are two different issues being discussed here:
Some people have telephony and SMS, but severely limited data. That's where @ataylor and @Aakash Mahendiyan land.
Others have no telephony, no SMS, and no data at all. Looks like @tse2103, @maelfactor, @M_1, @piistoff, @martinparker28, and I fall into this category.
Maybe there's one root cause, but I thought it was useful to point out that there are two sets of symptoms.