This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

mattle
Star II
I just had an incoming WhatsApp call. The other person then didn't hang up. I couldn't do anything, as my screen would turn black, every time I try to touch the screen. Same happens sometimes when I am listening to a voice note, and then try to do something else, while it is still playing. That sensor is useless.

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
mattle

I just had an incoming WhatsApp call. The other person then didn't hang up. I couldn't do anything, as my screen would turn black, every time I try to touch the screen. Same happens sometimes when I am listening to a voice note, and then try to do something else, while it is still playing. That sensor is useless.

View post
That sounds an opposite problem. Is something blocking the sensor like a screen protector?

mattle
Star II
Yes, I have a soft hydrogel film screen protector. Most of the issues (finger print, proximity sensor) occurred from day one though, before adding the protector.

nicholasgibbs
Star III
Jjarek23

I have one SIM and the fault is, so dual SIM does not matter.

View post
I took out my second sim and things went well for 2 days. So I am back to proximity sensor app, changed phone/contact app and disabling almost all apps from sending notifications.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.