This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

Mattias_ASUS
The issue will not disappear only by saying it exists, we are actively working on this and at this moment we need logs from users with the issue and to log the activity when it's happening, remember, the more logs and info the faster it will be to solve the issue, just like anything else.
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

martinparker28
Rising Star II
Mattias_ASUS

The issue will not disappear only by saying it exists, we are actively working on this and at this moment we need logs from users with the issue and to log the activity when it's happening, remember, the more logs and info the faster it will be to solve the issue, just like anything else.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).

1.  Open “Calculator APP”

2.  Enter “.19595+=”

3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.

4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.

5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".

6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.

Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

View post
Perhaps when you've sorted this for the Zenfone 8 you can also sort it for the Zenfone 9......its pathetic that this should be happening in both a previous model and now in the latest Zenfone 9. Oh and by the way this thread was started on May 23rd and its still going on 😡

nicholasgibbs
Star III
I am wondering if the problem has something to do with notifications? Sometimes I get the issue immediately and other times I am on the call for a little while before the screen wakes up while my face is next to the phone.
Maybe there is a way to toggle notifications off before making a call to test this theory?

steve02
Rising Star I
nicholasgibbs

I am wondering if the problem has something to do with notifications? Sometimes I get the issue immediately and other times I am on the call for a little while before the screen wakes up while my face is next to the phone.

Maybe there is a way to toggle notifications off before making a call to test this theory?

View post
i think you are right. in my experience it happens alot when i get a notification during the call! i also posted it somewhere but i'm not sure if the developers paid attention to this.

afsilva
Star III
Same issue here. It might indeed be related to notifications waking up the screen.