This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
Zenfone 8 is the worst phone I have used. Various things are happening on it automatically, the screen turns on, the settings change with the ear, it calls itself from the pocket. There is only one service in Poland and it cannot remove these faults, informing that it is the fault of the software. Will you finally make it fit for business use ??? The money spent on that phone is money wasted. I have had so many problems with any other phone.

@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
Will someone take care of this problem? The phone cannot be used with this malfunction.

dron39
Rising Star II
I also dont like what distance trigger for switching display state is used now. In previous firmwares it was much better (probably Android11). I mean now its' about 2-3cm, while previously it was about 5cm from object (ear for example).

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
Will someone from Asus handle this problem, which is reported by many customers ? Will we still be disregarded ?
@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS