This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging problem with 3rd party charger

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Hey, i have some problems charging zenfone8 with Baseus GAN2 PRO 65w charger. If i connect the phone to the first type-c it will charge 1%, maybe 2% and it won't keep charging, however i see double thunderbolt icon next to the battery and its says its fastcharging on the lockscreen.
If i connect it to second type-c, it charges normally, but i think only 18W.
I'm using type-c cable capable of 100w charging via usb-PD
43 REPLIES 43

revestaneon
Star I
cytrus224

Hey, i have some problems charging zenfone8 with Baseus GAN2 PRO 65w charger. If i connect the phone to the first type-c it will charge 1%, maybe 2% and it won't keep charging, however i see double thunderbolt icon next to the battery and its says its fastcharging on the lockscreen.

Your sharing information is very good. Bookshelf

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
cytrus224

Only use original charger
Don't use third party charger

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Apparently, hypercharge is proprietary so you won't get 30W charging on 3rd party charger only 18W
Some other OEM or even laptop did the same thing for fast charging but it depend how many watt limitation they set for each device

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Boss_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51232/charging-problem-with-3rd-party-charger

Only use original charger

Don't use third party charger

View post
Thanks, that helped a lot...
If you're supporting a charging standard(USB power delivery, Quallcom quick charge or any other), it should work on other 3rd party chargers that support it too.
Great answer Asus, that really convinced me that zenfone8 is the first and the last Asus phone i buy ever.