This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8 - dead (black screen)

Iceman11
Star III

The time has come also for my Asus Zenfone 8 to join the dead phones list.

Manufacture date: 04/2021
Purchased: 05/2021 (so out of warranty)
Not rooted or unlocked

While taking a photo the screen just went black and the phone died. There are no any errors.
It is totally unresponsive. Holding the power button (or any combination of volume button + power button) didn't work. It's not getting warm when plugging a charger. Also Windows can't see the device.

Asus Team, do you have any ideas if it's possible to recover my data. The phone died while traveling and I have some photos/videos which I couldn't backup.

My case looks identical with another recent post here:
https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8/zenfone-8-died-suddenly/td-p/428875

8 REPLIES 8

nvubu
Rising Star I

@Iceman11 - please add your info to the ever increasing thread here (I am not a moderator)

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8/to-asus-and-all-owners-of-a-dead-zenfone-8/td-p/405921

There is a thread on here where someone suggests a fix - not sure where it is, but go to the link above (it might be within it), but if not, and work your way forwards.

Falcon_ASUS

@Iceman11 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

kissz9
Star II

Hi Iceman11,
I have the same issue. I bought my Zenfon 8 on 25 May 2021 and died on 29 April 2024. I took it to 2 different services. Not to a dedicated Asus service because it does not exist in my city. They have no idea what the problem is. I never dropped it. It was never ever underwater. Never rooted or unlocked. Never left in the sun. Always in case. Hardly any time charged more than 80%. Still, in case of a restart, it stopped and never started again. With no earlier sign of any problem. I am very disappointed. I was expecting more from Asus, especially because I have been using Asus notebooks for more than 20 years.
Asus service is also hopeless. I asked them what to do and they send me back the information anyone can find on this link, and what I have also found in 2 min.
[Phone/Pad] Troubleshooting - Phone can not boot up | Official Support | ASUS Global
I just don't understand why they think I am stupid! 😞 Very annoying.
Good luck! And if you find out something please let me know!
Cheers

@kissz9 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.