This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Unlock tool not working for Zenfone 7

Peter111
Star II

After downloading official Unlock tool from ASUS Website amd attempting to unlock my ZenFone 7 device. I keep getting error: Failed to unlock your device. Please try again later [24802]

Can admins clarify if it is temporary issue with unlock server or unlocking has been disabled permanently?
@CH_ASUS
@Jiaszzz_ASUS

56 REPLIES 56

someruser87
Star II

Btw seeing the same exact behavior with using the app on the Zenfone 9.  Issue appears to be server-side as the unlock tool requests a bootloader unlock token from ASUS DM servers after sending device info including IMEI + serial.  I've verified that a phone that was previously working with the unlock tool is now returning the same error that you've observed.  See: https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-9/asus-unlock-tool-not-working-on-zenfone-9/td-p/367292

Peter111
Star II

Does anybody managed to get it or It is still not working? Support do not answers about this problem. Have you found any information if it temporary or it is for long time.

someruser87
Star II

I have also not gotten any definitive answers from support regarding this issue.  I've tried posting on multiple support forums including this one, XDA, reddit, contacted chat/phone support without any resolution yet.  I'll be monitoring this issue very closely.