This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today i took some shots at night and i confirm. The result is a disaster now in Android 10

doublem101
Star III
I've been reading all the posts about the bad photo quality on Android 10 but honestly i didn't had the chance to test it in detail before.
However today, i had a spare time and it only took a couple minutes to see what everyone are talking about.
I already had taken some indoor photos and i noticed the high noise in darker areas but i went outside and i couldn't believe on what i was looking at. Slightly blured photos (like a shaken photo) and no detail at all, it looked like a watercolour painting. On some photos, darker areas were pinkish, something that i complained before in Pro mode on long exposures but never noticed it in any other mode.
However, i don't know if it's related or not but the few Gcam versions that works, aren't much better neither. Still a little better than stock app but really really worse than before. I'm not sure if they aren't already optimized or somehow related with the stock app bad quality. I don't know how Gcam works but what if the main issue isn't the stock APP itself but something behind it that makes Gcam works so bad also?
Sorry Asus, but i can't accept this quality from €500 device. One of the things that made me buy this phone was his night photo quality and now it takes worse photos than my old device?
I know you are looking at the problem already but i become frightened when i read that the differences you found aren't considerable. They are. If you didn't tested yet at night, outside, please do it. Theres were i found the major differences, not indoor.
I don't a have photo took in Android 9 under the same circunstances in this same places but please look at this photo. This isn't acceptable at all.
QUJHAN31QHLI.jpg

70 REPLIES 70

isaac_brody
Star II
@CH_ASUS
If you guys need image consultants or camera testers to improve the stock camera, I'd be glad to help and give input.
Looking forward to the next update. Thanks.

doublem101
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34055#Comment_34055

We're having some discussion about it.. but as with anything camera - change one place - people complain (not the same people).

Change it backwards - people complain (the first batch of people).

So as such.. it is kind-of difficult to make everyone happy - I think that's the most accurate thing I can say on this matter.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34064#Comment_34064

We havent intentionally broken any GCAM mod functionality from what I am aware. It could be because of so many different reasons which are also outside of our control - it's not like our camera team knows exactly what needs to be done to get everything working on any particular gcam mod - nor should it be their priority to figure it out (which I hope you all understand as to why that is).

That being said, let's see if any changes made to the next update helps this topic.

View post
Regarding Gcam I'm not an expert on that matter but i remember someone posted a while ago a log that that showed the problem was related with the "vendor" or something that could only be fixed by Asus.
If someone can explain better what the issue is that would be great.

kennneth241
Star II
I was recently filming myself on Snapchat for a tiktok *cause that's what all American teens do these days* and since I noticed that the overexposure was absolutely crazy like it always is after Android 10 update, I thought it would be a great opportunity to show you guys what I mean.

I've been facing the same issue.

naftaman1
Star II
Guys is there some change?
Ive had my MB replaced and cause of that I got A10. I had A9 before because 10 sucked...

So now I have A10 and the night pictures are terrible. No solution yet?

naftaman1
Star II
This is comparasion with iPhone 11 Pro. Before the update, Zenfone 6 was even better. No it is obviously worse