This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues in Asus zenfone 6 after upgrading to android 10

gannu_akhil
Star II
Even though the features in android 10 are exciting, there are many performance issues after upgrading to android 10 in Asus 6Z.
Some of the most irritating things I found after upgrading to android 10 are,
1) Fingerprint unlock got slower: Fingerprint unlock takes a long time for the display to unlock. Earlier in Android 9 pie, it was very fast to unlock the display. But now, it takes more than a second(sometimes even more) to unlock and after unlocking the display, unlock animation(transition from lock screen wallpaper to home screen wallpaper) doesn't look fine and we can experience a lag.
2) Too many lags: After the update, I experienced a lot of lags in switching between the recent apps and for general use as well.
3) Battery draining fastly: The most depressing problem I faced is fast draining of the battery after upgrading to the Android 10. Earlier, I had to just charge the phone once in two days, but now I had to charge the battery everyday.
I hope all these bugs get fixed as soon as possible by upcoming updates. Due to these bugs, I am starting to hate my decision of opting for Asus rather than Oneplus.
107 REPLIES 107

nits
Star I
gannu.akhil

Even though the features in android 10 are exciting, there are many performance issues after upgrading to android 10 in Asus 6Z.

Some of the most irritating things I found after upgrading to android 10 are,

1) Fingerprint unlock got slower: Fingerprint unlock takes a long time for the display to unlock. Earlier in Android 9 pie, it was very fast to unlock the display. But now, it takes more than a second(sometimes even more) to unlock and after unlocking the display, unlock animation(transition from lock screen wallpaper to home screen wallpaper) doesn't look fine and we can experience a lag.

2) Too many lags: After the update, I experienced a lot of lags in switching between the recent apps and for general use as well.

3) Battery draining fastly: The most depressing problem I faced is fast draining of the battery after upgrading to the Android 10. Earlier, I had to just charge the phone once in two days, but now I had to charge the battery everyday.

I hope all these bugs get fixed as soon as possible by upcoming updates. Due to these bugs, I am starting to hate my decision of opting for Asus rather than Oneplus.

Performance issues in Asus zenfone 6 after upgrading to android 10

nits
Star I
I also regretting after buying Asus Z6 , I wish I have went for OnePlus

Akash_Pratap
Star III
I am facing the exact same issue. Also the lags are so frequent and it's getting annoying to use it anymore. I really started missing one plus already.

Yes, agree with the previous comments. I found the issue in the apps closing process. They are still in background after closing. Fix it please.

_jis_
Zen Master III
I have ZF6 EU 6/128 variant on WW_17.1810.1910.73.
1) Fingerprint unlock - seems to me to be the fastest and most reliable now in more than five months of use
2) Too many lags - who observe this after major update should do factory reset, who does not have this problem, no factory reset is required, which is my case
3) Battery draining fastly - who has this problem after updating to A10 must identify the application that is responsible for it, not all applications work properly on A10
AccuBattery Pro shows me plus or minus the same consumption as I had in the previous five months for my usage pattern
Screen on - 11h38m
Screen off - 131h46m
Combined use - 54h16m