cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound in headphones after last update

Geo113
Star II
System: .121 Android 10 with January 2020 security patch
Phone does recognize the headphones, shows the icon, but there is no sound in them. Speakers are working just fine.
Restarting the phone does not work. Unplugging headphones and plugging in does not work. Checked different headphones. Checked different players. With no results.
Only way to have sound in headphones is to play the music on speakers first, then plug in the headphones, but even that not always works.
The issue might be with audio wizard, since any change in the sound profile automatically stops the sound output, even though the audio wizard equalizer and music players show that music is still playing.
The solution I found is turning the audio wizard off and then rebooting phone. This way there is headphone sound output without any complication.

16 REPLIES 16

paras0710
Rising Star II
Yes i had encountered it too but restart resolved the problem.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Geo113

System: .121 Android 10 with January 2020 security patch

Phone does recognize the headphones, shows the icon, but there is no sound in them. Speakers are working just fine.

Restarting the phone does not work. Unplugging headphones and plugging in does not work. Checked different headphones. Checked different players. With no results.

Only way to have sound in headphones is to play the music on speakers first, then plug in the headphones, but even that not always works.

The issue might be with audio wizard, since any change in the sound profile automatically stops the sound output, even though the audio wizard equalizer and music players show that music is still playing.

The solution I found is turning the audio wizard off and then rebooting phone. This way there is headphone sound output without any complication.

No sound in headphones after last update
ok, I will send you a PM with instructions on how to log your device

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Btw, have you tried going to system settings -> apps & notifications -> see all xxx apps -> press the three dot menu in top right corner -> show system -> hit the search button and search for audio -> open app info for both apps and enter Storage & cache -> clear storage for both apps

Geo113
Star II
I did try clearing both cache and storage. Did not resolve the issue. The sound is gone right after profile change in audio wizard.