cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound in headphones after last update

Geo113
Star II
System: .121 Android 10 with January 2020 security patch
Phone does recognize the headphones, shows the icon, but there is no sound in them. Speakers are working just fine.
Restarting the phone does not work. Unplugging headphones and plugging in does not work. Checked different headphones. Checked different players. With no results.
Only way to have sound in headphones is to play the music on speakers first, then plug in the headphones, but even that not always works.
The issue might be with audio wizard, since any change in the sound profile automatically stops the sound output, even though the audio wizard equalizer and music players show that music is still playing.
The solution I found is turning the audio wizard off and then rebooting phone. This way there is headphone sound output without any complication.

16 REPLIES 16

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
The log says that your Sub-board Audio Jack is damaged. Probably happened about the same time you updated. So just a coincidence.
Please contact your local ASUS support for repair of your phone.

Geo113
Star II
Okay...
But the problem is that there is no sound in the headphones AFTER change in the audio wizard sound profile, not that there is no sound in headphones at all. And I assume that damaged audio jack would produce no sound at all, but it does.
That is why while creating the log I plugged the headphones in and then change the audio wizard profile. Right after plugging them in there was sound in them.
And if I change the headphones audio profile (which causes the problem) then unplug them and turn the music for few seconds on speaker, and then plug headphones again, the sound in headphones is back.
The only thing that I did not do is factory resetting my phone, and if that does not help I'll send it to repair.

Geo113
Star II
Factory reset fixed the problem, so that had to be software issue, not faulty audio jack.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Geo113

Factory reset fixed the problem, so that had to be software issue, not faulty audio jack.

View post
That's great! Sorry about the late reply. But if the issue ever appears again, then it is most likely a hardware issue and you should visit a service center.

bulurox
Star III
Geo113

View post
I experienced the same thing