This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM radio with sound distorted

ykaro_36g
Star II
After upgrading to Android 10 the FM radio, the sound is distorted.

17 REPLIES 17

ykaro_36g
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41992#Comment_41992

Then I would like to log your phone in order to find out why

View post
What you need to register?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rhiffsta

dear asus-team

i want to report this issue too since i am waiting for a fix since day one and i find it hard to believe that the issue is not even admitted so far. let alone a fix announced.

the bug was introduced with the first ad10 build already and has been there with every new update.

please fix this asap. using fm-radio alot and it really bugs me out.

don't ask for logs from customers when you can test and log yourself since it is not a hardware but a software issue. with ad9 rom it worked perfectly for everyone.

two issues:

initial start of fm-radio sometimes needs 2-3 start-close operations to even get audio output. and when it finally outputs audio, after 2-3s it gets really muffled (not pleasing at all to listen to).

tried factory resets and rom reflash.. nothing helps.

downgraded to ad9 just to check and it works perfectly.

please admit and announce a fix.

thanks for it in advance.

View post
You're assuming we encounter the same issue just because you and some others experience it all the time. This is not the case and this is why we need help from you and ykaro.36g
I can PM you as well with instructions on how to log your device

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ykaro.36g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/42313#Comment_42313

What you need to register?

View post
Let's do like this. Install the log tool as described in my PM. Then you record the sound using the screen recorder. Make sure the "Record audio" setting is set to Internal Audio. You can access these settings by long pressing the screen recorder button.
Please record what it sounds like both when it sounds like normal and distorted/muffled.
When you have recorded both, please press the "Capture Log To MTP" button in the log tool.

Xire
Star III
I confirm the same problem.

Xire
Star III
This sample whit android 9. The sound is perfect.