Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version: latest. 70
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:most of the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): auto rotate
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Auto rotate is not working properly most of the times in my 5z. I have to restart phone several times to make it work. I don't know if it's hardware or software issue. This issue was in previous builds also. I think the rotation sensor is turning off randomly after i restart the mobile. I had to download CPU-Z to awake the rotation sensors. I have also tried in SAFE MODE and the problem still exists.
19 REPLIES 19

1947msr
Rising Star I
I am also experiencing this issue in .70 update, this bug was also in oreo built zenfone 5z

ogawa_wen
Star I
I have the problem too with the auto rotate.

If you restart it will be okay for a moment then it will come back.

Any idea how to fix this ?

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Same, since I bought my device.
Auto rotate seems dumb...when it works.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Chintan Devganiya

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: 5z
  2. Firmware Version: latest. 70
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:most of the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): auto rotate

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Auto rotate is not working properly most of the times in my 5z. I have to restart phone several times to make it work. I don't know if it's hardware or software issue. This issue was in previous builds also. I think the rotation sensor is turning off randomly after i restart the mobile. I had to download CPU-Z to awake the rotation sensors. I have also tried in SAFE MODE and the problem still exists.

Auto rotate is not working properly on 5z
I observed this problem more often in Android 10 sometimes app gets stuck in landscape mode without any left or right tilts also only option to fix this issue i always do is just clear app in which i fave this issue and restarting app problem is gone 😞