Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX435EA black square top left corner

thomasdeleeuw
Star I
System:
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX435EA
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime I connect my monitor (and close the lid)
Reset OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Screenshot or video:
naamloos-1.jpg

========================
Detailed description:
Regularly I am stuck with a black square in the top left corner of my screen. Most of the times this is when I connect my Zenbook to my monitor (and close the lid). I recently bought a new monitor and it still occurs, both when using HDMI and USB-C.
When I reset my graphics card using CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+B this black window is gone.
But it's a bit annoying. Any idea how to fix this?
I had contact with support, and they gave me updates of all the drivers. Unfortunately that didn't help.
In the end they can only suggest me to do a complete system reset, which seems to me a bit too much at this moment.
I think it has to something with the Screenpad 2.0, it seems as it's trying to create a second screen within my external monitor.
Any option to turn Touchscreen 2.0 off completely? I have it turned off using F6 but somehow it is still loading.
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
thomasdeleeuw

Question 1:

When an external screen is connected this only happens on the external screen, when there is no external screen connected, this happens on the laptop's own screen

Question 2:

This happens mostly when I wake up my zenbook from sleep mode

Hope this helps.

View post
@thomasdeleeuw
If you completely remove the graphics card driver, restart the computer, and then reinstall the graphics card driver, does the situation improve?