Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX435EA black square top left corner

thomasdeleeuw
Star I
System:
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX435EA
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime I connect my monitor (and close the lid)
Reset OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Screenshot or video:
naamloos-1.jpg

========================
Detailed description:
Regularly I am stuck with a black square in the top left corner of my screen. Most of the times this is when I connect my Zenbook to my monitor (and close the lid). I recently bought a new monitor and it still occurs, both when using HDMI and USB-C.
When I reset my graphics card using CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+B this black window is gone.
But it's a bit annoying. Any idea how to fix this?
I had contact with support, and they gave me updates of all the drivers. Unfortunately that didn't help.
In the end they can only suggest me to do a complete system reset, which seems to me a bit too much at this moment.
I think it has to something with the Screenpad 2.0, it seems as it's trying to create a second screen within my external monitor.
Any option to turn Touchscreen 2.0 off completely? I have it turned off using F6 but somehow it is still loading.
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
thomasdeleeuw
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX435EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Everytime I connect my monitor (and close the lid)
  5. Reset OS: Windows 10 64 bit
  6. Screenshot or video:

naamloos-1.jpg

========================

Detailed description:

Regularly I am stuck with a black square in the top left corner of my screen. Most of the times this is when I connect my Zenbook to my monitor (and close the lid). I recently bought a new monitor and it still occurs, both when using HDMI and USB-C.

When I reset my graphics card using CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+B this black window is gone.

But it's a bit annoying. Any idea how to fix this?

I had contact with support, and they gave me updates of all the drivers. Unfortunately that didn't help.

In the end they can only suggest me to do a complete system reset, which seems to me a bit too much at this moment.

I think it has to something with the Screenpad 2.0, it seems as it's trying to create a second screen within my external monitor.

Any option to turn Touchscreen 2.0 off completely? I have it turned off using F6 but somehow it is still loading.

Zenbook UX435EA black square top left corner
@thomasdeleeuw
May I know the BIOS version, system version and graphics card driver version you are currently using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running? - Microsoft SupportIf you think it might have something to do with the ScreenPad, I would suggest that you can refer to the following FAQ to remove ScreenPad.
[Notebook] ASUS ScreenXpert (Screenpad 2.0) - Introduction | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

thomasdeleeuw
Star I
System: ZenBook UX435EA_UX435EA
Bios: American Megatrends International, LLC. UX435EA.314, 21-2-2022
Graphics drivers:
Intel (R) Iris (R) Xe Graphics
Driver version 30.0.100.9929
OS
Windows 10
Version 21H2 (build 19044.2251)

Does this help?

Falcon_ASUS
thomasdeleeuw

System: ZenBook UX435EA_UX435EA

Bios: American Megatrends International, LLC. UX435EA.314, 21-2-2022

Graphics drivers:

Intel (R) Iris (R) Xe Graphics

Driver version 30.0.100.9929

OS

Windows 10

Version 21H2 (build 19044.2251)

Does this help?

View post
@thomasdeleeuw
May I know if this situation will appear on both the laptop's own screen and the external screen at the same time?
What kind of operations have been done before the problem occurs? Or it just appeared suddenly?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

thomasdeleeuw
Star I
Question 1:
When an external screen is connected this only happens on the external screen, when there is no external screen connected, this happens on the laptop's own screen
Question 2:
This happens mostly when I wake up my zenbook from sleep mode
Hope this helps.