This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV. Official support for Windows 10 20H2.

bohushvitali
Star I
System: UX581GV_19H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: frequent freezes
Reset OS: Yes. Roughly two time a month. No correlation with installed software found.
Screenshot or video: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLChcXj5lTvV_R7jAvodFAXEkYl9LvQNG8
========================
Detailed description:
Currently when accepting Feature update version 20H2 in windows update center it is not fully installed and rolls back to 19H2
Please provide estimated dates when this model will be shipped to customers with newest tested windows version.
The main reason for asking is frequent freezes on 19H2
I would like to sent it to RMA for the second time to get full reset with newest windows flashed as recovery image. When sending the first time (six month ago) RMA wasn't able to found any issues however freezes still occurring randomly on a system without any third party software installed.

Thanks in advance.
screenshot-2020-12-27-201812.png
screenshot-2021-01-11-123224.png

67 REPLIES 67

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
madrunner84

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158019#Comment_158019

Ok, I tried this now, removed all scheduled tasks. I just hope this doesn't lead to some other problems, since I newer before needed to touch those.

In any case, this didn't make any boost to CPU performance. Fire Strike still hits only 10000+ on physics score (used to be 14000+).

Something is fundamentally wrong with the CPU. It's like 6 cores were replaced by 4 core processor. As I mentioned, on 3dmark the graphics score is on normal level 15000, only CPU test has problems.

Additionally noticed also that the full system scan on Windows defender took over 3 hours, even though the SSD is pretty much empty. It used to take something like under 1 hour, even with full SSD.

View post
go to settings, click on battery, scroll down ,
choose time period 1 week under Battery usage per app
now click on each app, you will see there options
1. always
2. Let windows decide
3.Never
if you have installed some applications manually so you should choose never.
Note: For few applications you will see 3 options. not all applications have above options.
restart windows, if the chosed applications does not work properly means you can choose Let windows will decide.

madrunner84
Star III
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158023#Comment_158023

go to settings, click on battery, scroll down ,

choose time period 1 week under Battery usage per app

now click on each app, you will see there options

1. always

2. Let windows decide

3.Never

if you have installed some applications manually so you should choose never.

Note: For few applications you will see 3 options. not all applications have above options.

restart windows, if the chosed applications does not work properly means you can choose Let windows will decide.

View post
I don't understand how that could help anyhow. We are talking about performance pluged in. Battery performance is different case, and not interested on that.

dboukas
Star I
Similar issue here when updating to 20H2. When it reaches 48%, th eprocess stops and reverts back to 1909. Is there any plan by ASUS to rectify this situation? If I am not sure that a flagship 3000+ laptop won't allow the latest and best, I think I should use the 90-day return policy and move elsewhere.
Before I do, are there any plans to rectify the incompatibility?

rollfire
Star II
dboukas

Similar issue here when updating to 20H2. When it reaches 48%, th eprocess stops and reverts back to 1909. Is there any plan by ASUS to rectify this situation? If I am not sure that a flagship 3000+ laptop won't allow the latest and best, I think I should use the 90-day return policy and move elsewhere.

View post
did you try my advice? (some posts above)

madrunner84
Star III
dboukas

View post
Rollfire advice worked for me, but the performance is now crippled. Seems need to bring it back to service anyway.
If I was you, I would return the computer, if there´s still a posibility for that.