This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook 14 UM425Q, MFD 2022-03: Can I use a powerbank to charge it?

Zen_Master
Star I
The UM425Q 2022 model has two USB-C ports which can be used to plug in the original charger. Can I also use a powerbank or a standard USB phone charger for this notebook?
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Zen_Master

The UM425Q 2022 model has two USB-C ports which can be used to plug in the original charger. Can I also use a powerbank or a standard USB phone charger for this notebook?

The question is confusing.
Do you want to charge the power bank from the laptop?
or
You want to charge your laptop from the power bank

Zen_Master
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/65502/zenbook-14-um425q-mfd-2022-03-can-i-use-a-powerbank-to-...

The question is confusing.

Do you want to charge the power bank from the laptop?

or

You want to charge your laptop from the power bank

View post
I want to charge the laptop by (or from) the powerbank. And possibly I'd like to charge the laptop with a standard phone charger. Is this possible? I know that the charging power is quite low in these cases but it could help prolong the use of the laptop if no other powersources are available
In other words, could I damage something if I try this?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Zen_Master

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/234839#Comment_234839

I want to charge the laptop by (or from) the powerbank. And possibly I'd like to charge the laptop with a standard phone charger. Is this possible? I know that the charging power is quite low in these cases but it could help prolong the use of the laptop if no other powersources are available

In other words, could I damage something if I try this?

View post
Never use a power bank to charge a laptop, because a power bank does not have proper circuit protection, and improper cheap electronic parts might be soldered.
Yes, charging from the power bank might gives damage to a laptop, so which is not covered under warranty

Falcon_ASUS
Zen_Master

@Zen_Master
The USB TYPE-C of UM425QA supports power in/out. But, it is also true as you said, the input voltage provided by the power bank may not make the laptop work stably. So we do not recommend using this way. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.