cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zenbook 14 not working on battery

mordulj
Star I

Hi, 

my Zenbook 14 laptop isn't working on battery, but only over power cable. The battery capacity is fixed at 82%. Windows is recognizing the power cable but when I unplug it, the laptop shuts down immediately.

I noticed that Microsoft AC adapter driver is missing but none of the posted solutions on internet brought it back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apin_ASUS

Hi mordulj

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Based on the information you provided, it appears that the battery's capacity cannot be restored by the usual charging and discharging methods. Once the AC power is disconnected, the power supply is automatically cut off. Considering the circumstances, there is a high probability that the battery has failed.

To address this issue effectively, we kindly recommend that you get in touch with your local service support and feedback the problem for repair. They will be able to provide you with the necessary assistance and guidance in resolving the battery-related concern.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions or require additional support. We are here to help!

Please refer to the service inquiry on the right to find the service you need

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Apin_ASUS

Hi mordulj

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Based on the information you provided, it appears that the battery's capacity cannot be restored by the usual charging and discharging methods. Once the AC power is disconnected, the power supply is automatically cut off. Considering the circumstances, there is a high probability that the battery has failed.

To address this issue effectively, we kindly recommend that you get in touch with your local service support and feedback the problem for repair. They will be able to provide you with the necessary assistance and guidance in resolving the battery-related concern.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions or require additional support. We are here to help!

Please refer to the service inquiry on the right to find the service you need

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

mordulj
Star I

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did try to reinstall the Win11 in hope that some driver was causing the trouble but without any change. So, I conclude that the battery has died in just two years since the laptop was purchased which is something Asus should not be proud of. 

I contacted the local service shop and they will replace the battery and the procedure is not cheap. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.