This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV - main display issue (defect)

rdcb
Star I

Hello, 

I am experiencing a display issue / error / defect with my laptop's main screen. A horizontal line that provides a lighter shade in respect to the rest of the screen. This issue has appeared without cause, no physical damage was caused to the device, no liquids introduced to its surface. I do not believe this to be related, however, I do remember that just before noticing the defect,  the device was running an Nvidia GEFORCE EXPERIENCE game ready driver update (the update was unsuccessful at that particular time - this never happed before). I tried reinstalling all related display software but to no avail. Kindly find some pictures of the frustrating line, attached. Would immensely appreciate any support or feedback you could provide in helping me solve this matter. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@rdcb 
Would the same lines appear if you enter the BIOS viewing screen?
If the same issue occurs in the BIOS as well, we would recommend sending it for repair to have the screen checked and confirm if it is a hardware malfunction causing the problem.
It is also recommended to refer to the following FAQ again to try troubleshooting the issue:
[Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - Main (Internal) Display problem 
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to enter the BIOS configuration 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@rdcb 
Would the same lines appear if you enter the BIOS viewing screen?
If the same issue occurs in the BIOS as well, we would recommend sending it for repair to have the screen checked and confirm if it is a hardware malfunction causing the problem.
It is also recommended to refer to the following FAQ again to try troubleshooting the issue:
[Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - Main (Internal) Display problem 
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to enter the BIOS configuration 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hello, 

Thank you for your message. I confirm that the issue exists within BIOS too, I will take up on your advice and visit an authorized repair shop. 

Kind regards, 

Radu B

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.