Battery or AC: both
Model: UX331UN
Frequency of occurrence: every week or two
Reset OS: not helping
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:
Hi.
Does anyone know if Asus is planning to release updated NVIDIA (MX150) drivers for UX331UN? I am asking because of a repeating BSOD driver_power_state_failure. It is not only me having this problem. I have been trying to figure it out for the last year (system reset, driver reinstall, use drivers straight from intel/Nvidia etc.) with no results. Of course, I have also called the Asus service but was not able to get any new and helpful information.
Apparently for Vivobook S15 Nvidia drivers updated by Asus solved the same problem. To check (I cannot post links here) google "[DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE][Asus Vivobook S15 S510UN]Constant BSOD Windows 10[version: 1809]" and go to the Microsoft's forum.
Unfortunately, while the most recent intel drivers for UX331UN are from January 2020, Asus has not updated NVIDIA drivers for this model since 2017/2018. The newest version on the Asus website is 23.xxx or 24.xxx, which is still from the times before standard DCH was introduced (sic!). It is shocking and disgraceful that a company like Asus fails to update software for its products.
If anyone has any information about their plans, I would be grateful for sharing it. Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28

Red0X
Star II
installed intel beta. for mx150 there is no beta driver available. Will report back.

I'm still focused on nvidia driver. A lot of people running intel + nvidia have issue after win 1803

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Red0X

installed intel beta. for mx150 there is no beta driver available. Will report back.

I'm still focused on nvidia driver. A lot of people running intel + nvidia have issue after win 1803

View post
beta version is there , it won't show in puplic . if you want to test I will give direct download Link.

Red0X
Star II
beta installed. Problem is still present..

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Red0X

beta installed. Problem is still present..

View post
still do you getting Constant BSOD there , which windows 10 version and build no your laptop currently using ?
One way is there to find BSOD causes , by analyzing the of all .dump or .dmp files .
Did you enabled crash controlled ? Crash control is the feature to get memory dump files

other method 1

D is the partition other than Windows drive
connect the laptop with internet , and then type the following commands in cmd with admin rights
md D:\Temp
Dism.exe /Online /ScratchDir:D:\Temp /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded
Dism.exe /OnLine /ScratchDir:D:\Temp /CleanUp-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase 
Dism.exe /OnLine /ScratchDir:D:\Temp /CleanUp-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore 
Dism.exe /Online /ScratchDir:D:\Temp /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism.exe /OnLine /ScratchDir:D:\Temp /CleanUp-Image /CheckHealth 
Dism.exe /OnLine /ScratchDir:D:\Temp /CleanUp-Image /ScanHealth
Dism.exe /OnLine /CleanUp-Image /ReStoreHealth