Battery or AC: both
Model: UX331UN
Frequency of occurrence: every week or two
Reset OS: not helping
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:
Hi.
Does anyone know if Asus is planning to release updated NVIDIA (MX150) drivers for UX331UN? I am asking because of a repeating BSOD driver_power_state_failure. It is not only me having this problem. I have been trying to figure it out for the last year (system reset, driver reinstall, use drivers straight from intel/Nvidia etc.) with no results. Of course, I have also called the Asus service but was not able to get any new and helpful information.
Apparently for Vivobook S15 Nvidia drivers updated by Asus solved the same problem. To check (I cannot post links here) google "[DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE][Asus Vivobook S15 S510UN]Constant BSOD Windows 10[version: 1809]" and go to the Microsoft's forum.
Unfortunately, while the most recent intel drivers for UX331UN are from January 2020, Asus has not updated NVIDIA drivers for this model since 2017/2018. The newest version on the Asus website is 23.xxx or 24.xxx, which is still from the times before standard DCH was introduced (sic!). It is shocking and disgraceful that a company like Asus fails to update software for its products.
If anyone has any information about their plans, I would be grateful for sharing it. Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Red0X

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106335#Comment_106335

I've update MEI driver to v 14

runned intel security check tool (it also show your current FW version) : vulnerable.

updated CSME firmware from 11.8.50.3399 to 11.8.79.3722

made no difference for BSOD.

PLEASE ASUS collaborate on this issue!

View post
share the screenshot here.
now share the memory sump files for analyze the causes of BSOD.
zip all the dump files , upload here.

Red0X
Star II
ux331bsod.jpg

minidump are not generated because bsod will remain stuck on 0% with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
Thank you for your support

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Red0X

ux331bsod.jpg

minidump are not generated because bsod will remain stuck on 0% with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Thank you for your support

View post
Then its problems in .sys file. One of the .sys file is either corrupted or not signed not compatible with windows 10.
download display driver uninstaller software, boot the windows into safe mode, run display driver uninstaller, choose nvidia gpu, uninstall completly, restart the windows
download the Nvidia dch whql genetic driver v456.38 from Nvidia website , then install the driver, restart the windows.

Red0X
Star II
already running:
nvidia 456.38
intel 27.20.100.8681
Everything was installed after a ddu whipe in safe mode.
Already tried variuos mix of oem driver and latest driver. No luck.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Red0X

already running:

nvidia 456.38

intel 27.20.100.8681

Everything was installed after a ddu whipe in safe mode.

Already tried variuos mix of oem driver and latest driver. No luck.

View post
i am sure when uncorrectable error caused due to system Device driver in the form of .sys only.
it will be stored under
C:\Windows\System32\rivers\
if you found any old nvidia Device driver In this folder, delete it.
Will you try developer Nvidia beta dch driver 460.15.
Currently I am using this driver, there is no bsod, no lag, no heat.
I also installed intel beta dch driver 27.20.100.8691.
intel-8691-jpg.jpg
nvidia-460-15-jpg.jpg