Model: UM425IA
Frequency of occurrence: 2-3 times a day
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
BIOS: 309
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
I have a problem with my laptop. The CPU gets stuck 2-3 times per day at 0.38Ghz. It helps when I close the lid (when I put my laptop to sleep) and open it again - after that CPU frequency is back to normal. I believe it happens only on a battery. My laptop is running on the last available BIOS 309.
I'm not sure but I think I didn't have that problem on BIOS 307 (at least not that often).
It is possible to downgrade the BIOS to 307? Or do you have any other solution to this issue?
11 REPLIES 11

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
May I know what program or APP were you using when the issue occurred? What is the % of the battery?
Can you check if the device is set to power saving mode ?
Thank you.

PorteX
Star I
Hello,
Usually, it happens during web browsing (I often see this when I close fullscreen video) I'm using Firefox as my primary browser. Yesterday this issue appeared when I had a 40% battery.
The laptop was on Better battery Power Mode and the battery saver was off.
I had this problem for last weeks almost everyday but between 26th June and 2nd July it occurred only one time.
issue.png

PorteX
Star I
Hello,
It happed again today but this time with AC Adapter connected. Battery charged to 80% (in MyAsus I set 80% as the maximum)
issue2.png
Any Advice?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Have you tried to enter BIOS and load default setting again?
Thank you.