This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior of my laptop apparently related to low power states

PabloMurillo
Star I

My laptop has been exhibiting a very annoying behavior ever since I acquired it: whenever I leave it exporting photos, videos, or running some process, as soon as the screen turns off, its performance drops drastically to the point that sometimes I come back and the tasks are entirely stopped or have made very little progress. The strange thing is that when I move the mouse and the screen turns back on, it resumes executing the task normally.

I must clarify that I always set the screen to turn off quickly, especially being this an OLED, but in general, I do not establish any power-saving settings; on the contrary, I always keep it on high performance.

I have tried configuring the power plan in many ways, even setting the minimum CPU usage to 90% (although I don't think this should be the only solution), but nothing has worked.

My computer is an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo OLED UX582, Intel I9 processor, 32GB RAM, GeForce RXT3070, and 1TB SSD. I think there is no reason for this behavior.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS

@PabloMurillo 

Please provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Could you please tell me the full model name of the laptop you are currently using?

2. Are your system and BIOS versions updated to the latest?
If all have been updated to the latest, what is the operating system build version and BIOS version currently in use?

3. Could you please provide the screenshot of the current power setting page?

4. Please help to take a video of your operation and provide it to us for confirmation.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version 
Which version of Windows operating system am I running? 

PabloMurillo
Star I

1. Asus Zenbook Pro Duo UX582LR

2. BIOS not sure, where can I check the version? OS: Windows 11, version 22H2, build 22621.1413, latest updates installed. This behavior has been constant since I got this computer, no update has worsened or improved.

3. Attached.

4. The issue is not easy to replicate, I'll have to set up some things to do it. I'll upload it soon.

PabloMurillo
Star I

2. BIOS version: (inside the UEFI configuration) 2.21.1278 / From the Windows System Information: UX582LR.305

4. Here's the video:

@PabloMurillo 
According to the video, what you are experiencing is a normal behavior.
When the screen is off, the laptop will go to sleep, and the application will stop running at this time.
If you want to convert files continuously, we recommend that you set your power settings to never sleep.
For the screen protection ,it is recommended that you can refer to the following to protect the screen.
[Notebook] The related settings of screen saver/maintenance 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

other information:
[Windows 11/10] Three ways to turn computer off - Shut down , Sleep, and Hibernate