Star I
System: Asus Zenbook 14 Duo
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX482
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: My desk space can handle only one external monitor no larger than 27". My present external is a 4-year old 23" FHD (Philips). I want to be able to see both Duo laptop screens on the new external monitor, whether the laptop screens are in duplicate or extended mode. Can I do this? And if so, does the external have to be at least 4 K? (I read somewhere that only UHD or above can split the screen in two). Any advice before I drop cash on a new monitor would be appreciated. Also, since I have the UX482 with 1xHDMI and 2xUSB-C/TB4 ports, any advice as to the best connectivity would be helpful. I could buy a dock if necessary.
Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi, I don't think you can mirror both screens in one.
in Windows you see each screen as a individual screen, if you choose extended the 3th screen will be an extended version of the main screen, If you duplicate it will duplicate the main screen...
Anyway if you already have a 3th screen you could try it out, I think it will behave the same way than the one you are thinking on buying.

GAT_322
Star I
Thanks. I'll do so,e experimenting. My goal is to have whatever I do on the laptop, using both its screens, be replicated on the external monitor.