This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor gaming peformance on Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition using 12700H Iris Xe Graphics

unkn0wn_112
Star II

Hey there,

I have the Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition with a 12700H and Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

My laptop performance when playing games such as Overwatch, Fortnite and Minecraft was absolutely terrible. In Overwatch, at the lowest possible settings with the resolution set to 1280x720 and FSR upscaling enabled, I was barely hitting a solid 50fps and in actual matches, my fps would drop to around 15 and usually never went above 30. Fortnite could also barely run, it had massive stutters and ran at around 10-15fps with the lowest settings! Minecraft also ran poorly with my render distance being around 16 chunks and my fps not breaking 70. Other systems with the same specs as mine seem to run much better for some reason (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9oEH7ml1w).

I made sure I had everything up to date, Windows and MyAsus showed I had the latest updates installed. I also manually updated my graphics driver from Asus's website which didn't help so I then installed Intel's latest V31.0.101.5330 graphics driver version which didn't improve anything. I have performance fan mode enabled and my CPU is only reaching around 50-60c at around 80-90% utilization. I'm really not sure what the exact cause of this poor performance is.

Any help would be really appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not true, I fixed the issue myself and now I'm getting around 80-90 FPS in Overwatch.

I first uninstalled my graphics driver from Device Manager, then booted into Safe Mode and used DDU once more to uninstalled the driver again and then restarted and installed the latest Intel Graphics Driver.

Works well now in all games.

Thanks for the help I guess...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@unkn0wn_112
May I ask for the complete model of the laptop you are using?
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to check the model name and BIOS version

What are the current BIOS version, system version (operating system build numbers), and graphics card driver version you are using?
Would it be possible to provide us with a video or screenshot of the issue you are encountering (FPS drop) for us to verify?
Alternatively, you may consider restoring the laptop system and only installing the game to see if the issue improves.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hey @Falcon_ASUS,

My laptop version is the UX5401ZAS with bios version 311.
I have Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, and OS build 22631.3155 currently installed on my system.
I used DDU to uninstall my old graphics driver and then reinstalled the latest version 31.0.101.5333 from Intel's official page (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/132228/intel-core-i712700h-processor-24m-cache-...).

The update didn't have any effect. In the attached video you can see my performance in Overwatch which was terrible (Sorry for the poor-quality video but you can see the FPS in the top left corner of the screen).

@unkn0wn_112 
I have sent you a message. Please provide your laptop serial number through the message for further feedback. Thank you.

@unkn0wn_112 
The technical team has reviewed the video you provided. Since the game you intend to run requires hardware specifications that include a dedicated graphics card, while your laptop has integrated graphics rather than a dedicated one, the reported situation is considered normal. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Here are the specifications requirements for the game. 
Overwatch 2 System Requirements