cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Regarding Security Vulnerabilities

Ocelot5926
Star II

Hi,

A while ago a vulnerability was reported for a product that will go out of warranty by the end of September. The reply  from ASUS indicated that new firmware would be available in the middle of July 2023, but no updates have been released to this date, and further inquiries in that post have seemingly been ignored.

What is the policy regarding security vulnerabilities for products still under warranty? Can we, as customers and users of ASUS products, expect updates in such cases, or is this not covered by the warranty?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@Ocelot5926
Could you please provide the specific discussion thread or news article that mentioned the event?
Additionally, may I know which laptop model you are using?
Thank you.

Ocelot5926
Star II

Hi @Falcon_ASUS , thanks for your prompt answer.

I believe all the information you requested is already linked in the message that started this thread. Let me know if it is not sufficient. For anything reported on that thread, however, maybe it would be better to keep any replies there, so as not to mix the two questions, thank you.

As for the question on this thread, does the zenbook laptops warranty cover issues related to security vulnerabilities? Thanks.

@Ocelot5926
As I am responding from the system backend, I did not have immediate access to the link information. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regarding your question, I have inquired with the relevant backend team once again.
If there are any updates or information, I will promptly get back to you.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

@Ocelot5926
Aafter reconfirming with the technical department, the BIOS update will be delayed until the end of September.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.