This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating when I close the lid (sleep mode) on battery

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: Laptop overheats when on battery and I close the lid (sleep mode)
Model: Zenbook pro 14 ux480
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No

Hello! My new Zenbook pro 14 overheats when I close the lid and goes to sleep mode. This happens 50% of the times when the pc is on battery and sometimes drains the battery. What could be the cause? Any hint to solve this? Thanks in advance.
30 REPLIES 30

mjb
Star II
I'm having the same issues as everyone else on a brand new zenpro duo UX581G. I've tried some of the "solutions" mentioned to no avail. My laptop keeps overheating while sleeping, without closing thelid, closing the lid... it makes no difference. This is a FAULT and it's going to affect the life of the laptop. Where's the REAL fix?

daniel_dopiriak
Star II
mjb

I'm having the same issues as everyone else on a brand new zenpro duo UX581G. I've tried some of the "solutions" mentioned to no avail. My laptop keeps overheating while sleeping, without closing thelid, closing the lid... it makes no difference. This is a FAULT and it's going to affect the life of the laptop. Where's the REAL fix?

View post
I am not sure, but when I disabled all background apps the issue never occurred again.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
daniel.dopiriak

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120746#Comment_120746

I am not sure, but when I disabled all background apps the issue never occurred again.

View post
that's good . I given same ideas to disable background apps .but many users will not disable

kukuriga
Star II
I'm close to this situation...

daniel_dopiriak
Star II
The issue appeared again even with background apps turned off... so that won't help.