Star I
System: x64 Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Zenbook UX371EA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:

Hi,
You mentioned that only a few GPUs are compatible as external devices. I need to connect my laptop with an NVIDIA GPU External via Thunderbolt 4. Can you please provide a list of potential compatible GPUs? I need a minimum performance of NVIDA GTX 1050TI and an optimal performance of GTX 1080Ti in both cases performance for PC cards. Thanks.
Daniel
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
Daniel8855
  1. System: x64 Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: Zenbook UX371EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

Hi,

You mentioned that only a few GPUs are compatible as external devices. I need to connect my laptop with an NVIDIA GPU External via Thunderbolt 4. Can you please provide a list of potential compatible GPUs? I need a minimum performance of NVIDA GTX 1050TI and an optimal performance of GTX 1080Ti in both cases performance for PC cards. Thanks.

Daniel

Nvidia GPU Compatibility as external GPU via Thunderbolt 4
@Daniel8855
If you want to purchase an external graphics card to use, please confirm the supported specifications of the external graphics card. Or please tell me the model of the external graphics card you want to buy for confirmation. Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Not sure if it helps but I have the UX482EG which has TB4 and an Nvidia MX450 GPU already. I plugged it into a Razer Core X Chroma with a GTX 1070 and use it for gaming and rendering quite often without a single hiccup.
The only downside is needing to manually enable or disable the EGPU in order to unplug the cable because it doesn't do it automatically.

Daniel8855
Star I

Thanks so much for your feecback. It is good to know. My framework just have an Iris GPU however in order to keep portability just wanted to plug an external Nvidia GPU alone and not a full PC. Thanks again.