This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Zenbook Pro Duo complete rubbish or is it Windows?

mjb
Star II
Model: Zenbook Pro Duo
Frequency of occurrence: Constantly
========================
Detailed description:
I've had my Zenbook Pro Duo for a few months and I'm sick of it. From the beginning, there's been a string of issues that come and go for no apparent reason:
• Originally it started running the fans at full speed while being shut and doing nothing, this stopped happening suddenly. I tried a bunch of fixes found online and nothing did it, suddenly one day...
• Then it started overheating while being idle, the fans didn't come on, this stopped suddenly. I tried a bunch of fixes found online and nothing did it, suddenly one day...
•Then it went through a phase of randomly shutting down, this stopped suddenly. I tried a bunch of fixes found online and nothing did it, suddenly one day...
•Ongoingly to this date it keeps forgetting its settings, most of these problems are related to the second screen. It's desktop image keeps changing, the position of the menu bar keeps changing... a host of other settings I have to keep redoing endlessly... This has never stopped.
• the latest one is that it never goes to sleep unless I force it to.
I'm absolutely tired of spending hours trawling the web for "potential" fixes to all these ongoing problems, it's absolutely ridiculous.
Are all these issues related to Windows or the hardware? In 25 years of using computers, I've never encountered anything more frustrating.
2 REPLIES 2

mjb
Star II
I just discovered that my sleep settings...change themselves!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mjb,
May I know if you are having UX481 or UX581?
and the version of the current BIOS, Windows (2004/2009) and ASUS system control Interface V2 driver on your device?
Thank you.