cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX434FLC Randomly Reboots

Phillyidol
Star I

Hey all,

I've had this laptop since it was released (so over 4yrs) and this has been going on for about 4-5 months now where it just... reboots... when I'm not using it.

I have my laptop in my room for watching movies/doing work at night, so it's always plugged in (has/had a 'balanced' power setting) and as I said, it started about 4-5 months ago when EVERY night it would just reboot, and a few times, so it would wake us up (I started shutting it down every night because of this).  I also noticed when I'd come back into my room about an hour or so later after using it and I would have a fresh login with all the stuff I had open/working on closed/gone, so it's doing it all day/night.

I sat in my room for a full day 2-3 times on another laptop just to see how often/when it rebooted and it was completely random (so not every hour, or every 3hrs, just... whenever)

I tried a PC reset... didn't work, so then I did a complete wipe/re-install of Windows with NO other apps/installs other than drivers from the official ASUS site, as well as all Windows updates... no change. I then ran CHKDSK, did a defrag.. no go.

I ran the MyASUS app diagnostics and the only thing it came up with was "Memory>Device Driver (it doesn't actually say WHAT driver it is): A new release in Windows update was found...", so I hit the link to go to Win update and... nothing there.

I've gone thru Event Viewer>System and looked up every notice, but again... nothing stands out (here's the EV's I get just before a reboot):

- 6062 - Lso was triggered

- The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

- The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server  application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I've looked them all up and nothing stands out (and 'Yes', I even tried changing the DCOM permission and changing the min and max processor states to 100%... still randomly reboots)

Sort of at the end of my rope with this, so hoping someone might have a solution/thought... ???

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@Phillyidol
Based on your description, if you have already tried resetting the system but the issue persists, it is possible that there is a motherboard malfunction. Since your laptop may already be out of warranty, if you need to have it checked at a repair center, there will be charges for diagnostics and parts. 
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Phillyidol
Star I

Well, crap!!  I was afraid of that since there have been a couple of times where I went to log in after I had done so (like 30-35mins earlier) and it hadn't rebooted, only the screen had gone to sleep, but I got a "PC has a problem' BSOD and when I went to find the dump file... there wasn't one.

I looked in EV and it gave me this:

- Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

I also saw this one (which is new):

- Miniport Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2, {blah-blah-blah}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power.

Basically, I think all of this is pointing to hardware issues, either MoBo or power.

I should mention that I have my laptop plugged in 24/7, so it has never really uses the battery if at all (I do have the 60% charging balanced 'lifespan' power settings enabled)

Unless someone sees some other option, I guess my system needs to be checked out hardware wise.

Thanks for the reply