This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal lines flickering on fullscreen games - Asus Zenbook Pro 16X OLED. How to fix it?

mubarakgraphs
Star II

My device Asus Zenbook Pro 16X OLED opens every game like this. Horizontal lines while gaming. All my drivers are up-to-date. What's the problem here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Falcon_ASUS 
Today I got annoyed of this issue and backed up files and then clean installed Windows 11. Installed back all my drivers and programs again. Downloaded exactly what I had on my laptop as before the clean install. And as of today (after the clean install) "Horizontal line flickering on games on fullscreen mode" problem is gone. All the games run without an issue!

I still don't know what broke my display before formatting my laptop. I suspect HDR mode of Windows which I turned on and off several times to watch HDR content on Netflix. Or maybe it wasn't HDR mode. TBH I am still clueless what created that problem. Nevertheless clean installing Windows 11 fixed the issue.

I am gonna keep this article for others who had same problem. (I hope it will help them).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Falcon_ASUS

@mubarakgraphs 
Could you please tell me the full model name of the laptop you are using?
Is the issue occurring only when running specific games, or does it happen with all games?
Does it also happen when playing YouTube videos?
Please help to confirm the BIOS version, operating system build number, and whether they have been updated to the latest. Thank you.
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version 
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to use Windows Update in OS system and how to update BIOS through Windows... 

@Falcon_ASUS 

Screenshot (3).png

mubarakgraphs
Star II

@Falcon_ASUS 

My laptop is Zenbook Pro 16X OLED UX7602ZM (i9 12900H + RTX 3060)

All my drivers and bios are up-to-date.
(NVIDIA Graphics Driver 531.61.) - 511.69 was also tested, it made no difference.

BIOS version: UX7602Z.303

Both BIOS and drivers have been reinstalled and reset after talking ASUS live chat support. Display settings have been reset too (Win+Ctrl+Shift+B). None of those methods worked so far.

If I plug my external monitor through HDMI everything works great, but on laptop's native OLED display, games like GTA:SA, CS:GO makes horizontal lines if something moves on the screen. Elden Ring and F1-2018 worked without any issues.