Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
clstraley

I have a Vivobook s15 and running into the same issue. has there been a solution yet. I have downloaded new drivers including bios

View post
Hi,
Please specify your model and current BIOS version.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109522#Comment_109522

Hello deborahsecular,

Please kindly share a video of the issue.

Thank you so much.

View post
Hi Blake,

Here is a video of the issue. Thanks in advance for your help!

lcheetec
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS
I was googling this problem on my wife's new Asus X512FL and the grey lines and flashing green when using the webcam on Zoom is exactly what we're getting.
How can I get the BIOS update to fix it?
Thanks!
daniel

Michael_626
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS
I am having the same camera flickering issue with my Vivobook. How can I get the updated BIOS to fix it?

gtr525
Star I
Hey @Blake_ASUS i also have the same problem using a Q536FH and I have BIOS 306 and updated all the drivers. I use an external HP webcam and flickers when on AC only. I tried changing all those power settings. Any ideas?