Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

misfitkevin
Star I
ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV

Same issue here for sure. BIOS 307, latest updates, green flicker (pretty bad). Will this BIOS311 be available on the website anytime soon?
It is clearly an issue with the Pro Duo series.

neldahaby
Star I
misfitkevin

ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV

Same issue here for sure. BIOS 307, latest updates, green flicker (pretty bad). Will this BIOS311 be available on the website anytime soon?

It is clearly an issue with the Pro Duo series.

View post
BTW, called support. They were totally USELESS. 😞 Might have actually been the worst support experience ever (been working in IT for 20+ years). The refused to acknowledge this is a known issue, and they refused to look at this thread. They claimed that this site wasn't asus official. They said they could only help me download 307.
They have released 308 to: www.asus.com/Laptops/ZenBook-Pro-Duo-UX581GV/HelpDesk_BIOS/ (looks like there's actually 2 sites for the zenbook pro duo, with only one actually showing 308).
I haven't applied it yet, buy it looks like it was released today. I'm going to try it tonight. But hoping @Blake_ASUS comes through for us.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @neldahaby & @misfitkevin ,
Yes, please update BIOS 308 on our official support website!
(not BIOS 311, not sure where did this come from)
ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalWe just put it on.
Thank you.

cgobbi
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS thank you so much! The bios you sent me worked fine and fixed the problem on my Zenbook S UX392FNAS 😉

danpochini
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS i have an Asus Vivobook X512FJ-EJ227T and all drivers and BIOS (303) are updated to the latest version according to the Asus website. But the problem is still occurring, can you please help me fix it?
Thanks.