Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Identical problem on a Zenbook S13 (model number UX392FN -AB009R) (new today); BIOS is latest version.
@Blake_ASUS could you please PM to let me know how to fix the problem?

sravandesk
Star I
Facing same issue with my laptop. I purchased it last well. Whenever i am using camera while charging it show grey lines.
laptop model no : Asus Vivobook S430FA-EB026T
It’s already updated to latest version of BIOS mentioned on asus official website.
please help! @Blake_ASUS

krystalnunes
Star I
I too am having the same problem. I have grey bars flickering across my screen while video conferencing. It seems to only occur when my laptop is plugged in. I have the Asus VivoBook S530F.
This seems to be a common problem. There are countless threads on Zentalk of individuals outlining the exact same issue. Is this a hardware or software problem? If it is the latter, is Asus working on a fix?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @krystalnunes ,
Please provide complete model name,
S530FA,S530FN.....
Thank you.

leoli_nz_5588
Star I
Hello Blake, I have a Zenbook UX431F with the same webcam flicker problem when connected to AC power. Is there a BIOS which fixes this? Can you please send a PM? Thank you!