This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Bluetooth will cause Wifi adapter to crash (Code 10)

pjw
Star I
Hi!
For the past few weeks, I have an ongoing problem with the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz network adapter on my ZenBook UX450FDX.313 (running Win11 Pro 64-bit 10.0.22621). 

Problem:
As soon as I enable the bluetooth adapter by installing a driver, it will cause the wifi adapter to stop working after the next boot, generating a code 10 error. The problem is easily reproducible. 

Temporary fix (that I do not like):
As soon as I uninstall all bluetooth driver files and shift-shut down/reboot the computer, the wifi connection works fine again, but obviously I don't have bluetooth then. Also, I have to disable Windows Update, as this immediately installs a bluetooth driver, which would again kill the wifi. So this is not a solution. 

Steps:
1. disable Windows Update
2. uninstall all bluetooth and wifi drivers
3. Shift+shut down PC, reboot. The bluetooth adapter is now an unknown hardware device in the device manager
4. Install wifi adapter driver (both original OEM driver and latest generic Intel driver 22.170.0.0 work).
> The wifi now runs stable, but no bluetooth and no Windows Update 
5. installing any bluetooth driver (both OEM driver and latest generic Intel driver) enables bluetooth, but after the next reboot wifi is gone with a code 10 and bluetooth is gone too (no error here, bluetooth just disappears in the device manager). So I have to start again with step 2.

I tried multiple drivers, multiple driver combinations, a clean (un)install of the drivers, MyAsus support, Windows troubleshooting, updating everything I found, BIOS is up to date, Windows is up to date, un/reinstalled Windows, .... . Nothing has worked so far.
Any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11

FongPoui
Rising Star II
I am not sure if you have tried following this link:
How Do I fix My Intel Wireless AC 9560 Not WorkingThere must be a conflict between your bluetooth and wifi.

pjw
Star I
Thanks. Tried everything, didn't really solve the problem.
Using driver update software helped to clean some old driver data though, which made both wifi and bluetooth work again for some time.
However, it is not stable:
When I just turn off / turn on the computer, both wifi and bluetooth connections remain
BUT, when I reboot, it loses the bluetooth adapter again (just cannot find it anymore) and results in a code 10 error in the wifi adapter.

FongPoui
Rising Star II
Did you try the hard reboot?
Take off the battery. I am sure if you leave your unit without charging until the battery run out of power will sokve your issue...

pjw
Star I
Thank you again.
Already did that, didn't help...