This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery wont charge stays at 0%

mustardshark
Star I

I took my Zenbook out on my patio, it was a pretty cold day, snow on the ground. After maybe 20-30min, I went inside to get warm and the screen was frozen. I held the power button down to restart the laptop but it didn't work. I plugged it in and things looked okay. The next day I noticed the battery wasn't charging. Now whenever I plug the charger in the laptop immediately turns on and when I unplug it it shuts off. It's also been switching the main screen to the mousepad sometimes. The light on the side stays a solid red. 

I have tried uninstalling all the battery stuff from the device manger, I took the battery out, cleaned the dust, left the charger in over night, didn't touch the laptop a bit. Nothing is working. I am almost done my courses and it really sucks that I have to stay by a wall when I am constantly moving around. 

Please help 

edit: Now my curser/mouse doesn't click accurately. I have to click slightly off to the side to click what I want.  

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@mustardshark
May I know the full model of the laptop you are using?
How to find Model Name
Based on your description, it seems like the issue could be caused by a faulty battery.
Regarding the mousepad, is the cursor on the touchpad unable to click normally?
Since you have previously disassembled the laptop yourself, I am inclined to think that there might be assembly issues causing problems with the touchpad's connection. 
As the described situations are more hardware-related, I would recommend having your laptop inspected and repaired by professionals.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.