This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook UX425JA getting really slow after day of working, only fixable by restart.

roizhv22
Star I
System: ZenBook UX425JA
Battery or AC: 65W
Model: UX425JA
Frequency of occurrence: lately almost daily
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

Hello,

I have some issues with my recently bought ZenBook. The laptop is maybe 4 months old and I'm getting this annoying issue after a day working, after waking up the laptop (just by opening the screen or waking from sleep) everything is extremely slow and laggy.
It's the laptop working on 5 sec per frame.
This is 16GB I7 10th gen with 1TB SSD model so there is no any valid reason for slowness by the hardware.
I have never encountered this kind of problem on a new laptop.

I'll mention that only legal software has been installed and I do perform general anti-virus checks (McAfee).

Everything is up to date - Myasus + Windows.

The last thing I wish to do is to format or reset everything....
I'll really need your help as a grad-school student has it's life depend on this Laptop.

If any additional info is needed, please do let me know !
2 REPLIES 2

Liviu
Rising Star II
The only thing you can do is to backup everything, and do a Windows refresh from it's settings. If the issue persists, send it to service immediately. Not the help that you wanted, but there's nothing you can do. It's better to get to the root of the problem, then to end up with a broken laptop and your money thrown on the window.

PJD
Star II
You may can check the taskmanager if there is any task using all cpu power?
The windows standby has been troublesome with me (batterie drain, bluescreen on wake up, deactivated USB Ports...) many times so I deacticate it often and just hibernate - with modern SSDs wakeup is also only seconds...
You can change in the energy saving options in the classical System Panel that to do if you close the laptop.