This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook Pro Duo UX581G screenpad is completely blank (just the wallpaper), after resetting.

Abhishek_Roy
Star III
System: Windows 10 1909
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581G Zenbook Pro Duo
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Posted below
========================
Detailed description:
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. Recently I had bought this laptop, Asus Zenbook Pro Duo and after around 2 days, I got an error saying that my sound driver was missing, after I had updated every driver to the latest version, using Driver booster by IObit.
At once, I took it to a nearby Asus service centre, where, they formatted my data, and reinstalled Windows 10 and all my drivers.
But now, I've suddenly realised, that the apps that I used to have in my screenpad are gone!! Not only that, when I used to boot up the laptop before, a beautiful Screenpad + animation used to play, but now it just switches on with the wallpaper.
As you can see, there's nothing in the screenpad, just the blank wallpaper. Why??
11 REPLIES 11

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi,
See this https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45655/zenbook-duo-14-ux482-screenpad-plus-splash-screen-wallp...
Considering that you already installed everything through MyAsus (in my case I downloaded the files directly in support Asus page, because MyAsus didn't report the most recent ones).
I had the same problem in my UX482, and I managed to solve it with the help of potatosubwoofer.
You should have a file named ScreenPad.wmv in the following directory C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ScreenXpert\
If you don't have it I can share it with you. In my case just dropped the file there and when I start the laptop the splash screen appears.

Abhishek_Roy
Star III
Yes, I have that ScreenPad.wmv file. Now what do I do? Also how do I get all my screenpad apps back?

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
In my case UX482EG I just guaranteed that the file was in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ScreenXpert\, and installed everything from Asus Support page.
Follow the instruction on this page, https://www.asus.com/me-en/support/FAQ/1041420/.
For me to everything work ok I had to download the intel graphic card drivers from the intel web page. Garantee that you have the most updated drivers and programs.
The above walkthrough helped to to restore my ScreenPad+ after a complete and from scratch install of Windows 10 Pro. I have formatted the SSD completely wiping out all partitions...
The only things I asked to have from here were the wallpapers and the wmv file that I coudn't manage to get from Asus website (again thank you potatosubwoofer for providing them to me).

Abhishek_Roy
Star III
Naa dude, reinstalled the INTEL graphics and ScreenXpert from the ASUS support site and restarted pc. Still doesn't work.