This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Security - Core Isolation issue

johnpaultan07
Star II
Battery or AC: Both (battery non removable)
Model: ASUS Laptop 15 M509DA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
System: Windows 11
========================
Detailed description:
I can't turn on the Core Isolation - Memory Integrity.
I only saw this error after doing Windows update recently and using Mumu Player which is a PC Emulator by Netease.
I contacted Microsoft Support and there is still no update fix for it. I saw online that the usb2ser.sys by MediaTek is from Asus. Need help.
screenshot-2022-09-01-010405.png
screenshot-2022-09-01-010428.png
screenshot-2022-09-01-010457.png
screenshot-2022-09-01-010522.png

35 REPLIES 35

johnpaultan07
Star II
I found this about Mediatek usb2ser.sys @Falcon_ASUS @RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS
image.png

Also the usb2ser.sys still needs for communications and CDC control so shouldn't be removed.
image.png

johnpaultan07
Star II
Alright boys and girls my core isolation is turned on and removed Mediatek usb2ser.sys works now!! XD I followed the steps on Microsoft website @Falcon_ASUS @RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS
image.png

image.png

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
johnpaultan07

Alright boys and girls my core isolation is turned on and removed Mediatek usb2ser.sys works now!! XD I followed the steps on Microsoft website @Falcon_ASUS @RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

image.png

image.png

View post
You finally removed  Mediatek usb2ser.sys driver, now the memory integrity is turned on, right?
On 14th October 2022, in my reply, I said you should remove the Mediatek driver, But you said i never do that.
Microsoft's official page mentioned this Usbser.sys

johnpaultan07
Star II
@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS Yes my Core Isolation is turned on now. I also forwarded the steps I did to Microsoft support engineers. The old driver that I removed from mine is the Mediatek usb2ser.sys which is different from the one mentioned above usbser.sys sorry for the confusion, thanks again for trying to solve my core isolation issue!

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
johnpaultan07

@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS Yes my Core Isolation is turned on now. I also forwarded the steps I did to Microsoft support engineers. The old driver that I removed from mine is the Mediatek usb2ser.sys which is different from the one mentioned above usbser.sys sorry for the confusion, thanks again for trying to solve my core isolation issue!

View post
Thanks for your reply. If you get any other issues, I will try to give to steps without reinstalling windows.