cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivibook S14 Flip no microphone/wifi

NewAsusUser
Star I
Hi,
I'm new to this forum so I hope someone can help. My old Dell laptop died and I've replaced it with a new Asus vivobook (TN3402Q). The drive on the Dell was copied across to the new machine. Unfortunately when I booted up, the internal wifi wasn't working (a problem I had with the Dell, so maybe the issue migrated with the drive) and I also had troubles with the webcam (now kind of fixed) but there's no microphone. The Asus has two mics either side of the webcam, but I can't find a driver of any sort for it. I installed Manycam, which seems to show up as the only mic on the system. I used it in a meeting and people said they couldn't hear me but could hear incoming message notifications that I was receiving which was strange.
Multimedia controllers also seem to be greyed out in device manager as well, so don't k now if that's an issue. I've attached a screenshot.

It's under warranty, so guess I could approach Asus, but I was wondering whether I should do a clean Windows installation and whether that would reset, or maybe reset the BIOS? 

Anyway, hope that's relatively clear enough for someone to decipher.

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@NewAsusUser
Hardware devices vary among different computers, so drivers cannot be shared. I recommend reinstalling the entire system and then downloading the drivers from our website.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC
[Windows 11/10] How to create and use installation media to reinstall Windows 11/10 via USB drive

[Notebook] The suggested sequence of installation drivers

Thank you.

NewAsusUser
Star I

Hi,

Thank you. I tried a Asus Cloud reset using WinRe and UEFI/BIOS, but the cloud option didn't come up. However, an upgrade to Windows 11 seem to fix everything! All operating fine now.

@NewAsusUser 
Thank you for the update.