This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB charging worked, then stopped on Vivobook

Vivoldi
Star II

Last week I got a Vivobook Flip (TP470EA-OS34T), which has a Thunderbolt 4 port with power delivery. Pleased to have more options for travel, I tried out various USB-C chargers - 45W Chromebook charger, 18W and 20W phone chargers - all worked fine (charging the battery to 60% - I use Maximum Lifespan Mode - with charging indicator light orange, then bypassing battery, with indicator light green), though an alert said something like "weak charging - use supplied charger for faster charging."

This morning USB charging stopped working. The alert persisted for awhile, then it went away as well. Now plugging in a USB charger does nothing; the device runs on battery power, and charging indicator light stays off.

Resetting the computer doesn't seem like a solution - having seen this unexpected failure once, I wouldn't be able to travel relying on USB charging. Any remarks or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vivoldi
Star II

Resolved: a complete reset - downloading Windows from the cloud - fixed it. I got the idea because the details panel in Device Manager said "Device settings for ACPI\USBC000\0 were migrated from previous OS installation" after first reset (from hard drive Windows copy). However it still says that after this reset, and now the port is working.

Thanks for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Vivoldi
Star II

Resetting the computer did not revive the port.

Device Manager says Windows has stopped the USB Connector Manager, UCM-USPI ACPI Device, because it has reported problems (code 43).Device manager.png

@Vivoldi 
I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing.
Based on your description, it is recommended that you get in touch with the service center at your location to arrange for the repair of your laptop.
The following is the contact information: https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location
Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
If you have purchased a new laptop and the issue persists even after restoring the system, you might also consider reaching out to the retailer to inquire about the possibility of a return or exchange.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Vivoldi
Star II

Resolved: a complete reset - downloading Windows from the cloud - fixed it. I got the idea because the details panel in Device Manager said "Device settings for ACPI\USBC000\0 were migrated from previous OS installation" after first reset (from hard drive Windows copy). However it still says that after this reset, and now the port is working.

Thanks for your suggestions.