Star I
System: Asus Vivobook
Battery or AC: Both
Model: M7600Q
Frequency of occurrence: Occasionally
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I've found that the screen on my Vivobook has started very randomly blinking. A short blink that occurs sometimes a couple of times in five seconds, sometimes not at all. I tend to see it only happen when a window is open (it's indescriminate of window type). When it's just the desktop screen it doesn't seem to happen. Completely bemused. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
richsdixon
  1. System: Asus Vivobook
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: M7600Q
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Occasionally
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I've found that the screen on my Vivobook has started very randomly blinking. A short blink that occurs sometimes a couple of times in five seconds, sometimes not at all. I tend to see it only happen when a window is open (it's indescriminate of window type). When it's just the desktop screen it doesn't seem to happen. Completely bemused. Any ideas?

Screen occasionally blinks
@richsdixon
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - Main (Internal) Display problem | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.

richsdixon
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/67363/screen-occasionally-blinks

@richsdixon

Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015072/

Thank you.

View post
Thanks - I gave this a go and no joy. What is odd however is that when I go to record my screen to get an example of the screen flickering, it never seems to flicker. As soon as I turn the screen recorder off, I get the occasional random blinking back (as if the screen goes black for a short period of time) - which suggests it's not a screen hardware issue, I'm guessing.

Falcon_ASUS
richsdixon

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243276#Comment_243276

Thanks - I gave this a go and no joy. What is odd however is that when I go to record my screen to get an example of the screen flickering, it never seems to flicker. As soon as I turn the screen recorder off, I get the occasional random blinking back (as if the screen goes black for a short period of time) - which suggests it's not a screen hardware issue, I'm guessing.

View post
@richsdixon
Does the problem happen again if you enter safe mode?
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf the problem no longer occurs in safe mode, the problem may be in the system itself, and it is recommended that you back up your data and restore the system.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and keep my personal files | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Anawilliam850
Star III
Thank you for your help!